Friday, January 21, 2011

Get a life

I need to get one. Really. I mean, I have a life. I have a house and a job, and two beautiful children and a family and friends who love me and are there for me. So what is my problem?

I need to figure out what to do with myself. When my kids aren't here I don't know what to do. When you have spent the last 10 years totally responsible for another living person, and then you don't' have to do that two days a week, it becomes weird.


I have hobbies. I read, I like to write, but when I get home I cannot get myself to do any of that. I think part of it is the weather. Right now it's so cold all you can do is huddle under a blanket indoors. But still, I have got to start doing something. I end up cleaning, and cleaning and doing laundry and then nothing the rest of the night.

I need to get out, hang out with people, find someone to have some fun with.

I refuse to become this person who is so wrapped up in their kids that I don't think of myself. Don't get me wrong, my kids are my life. They have 100% of my attention, but I don't want to find myself 15 years from now with kids grown and no life of my own.

I need to be like my friend Melissa who can just go to a city she has never been in and hang out at a bar and just talk to people. Or go sight-seeing by myself.

I need to become my own person again.

No comments:

Post a Comment