Monday, November 23, 2009

A little Sad

OK, I know I have blogged about this before but now that it's done I am kind of sad. Owen doesn't have his Binky anymore. I was gone for a girl's scrapbook get-a-way, and the boys stayed with their dad.

According to him, Friday night he never asked for it. Never asked for it Saturday during the day or at Nap time. Bedtime came and he whined for it a little bit but his dad told him he was a big boy and didn't need it anymore. He whined a little more but went to sleep.

Sunday rolled around and I got home about 2:30. He was taking a nap and didn't have it then. Bedtime rolls around and as soon as I laid him in his bed he starts asking for it. If his dad hadn't been standing there I would have caved and ran and found him one. But he just did what he did before and told him he was a big boy and he didn't need it. He eventually laid down but I had to lay in his room until he fell asleep. Every night since has been OK, he kind of whines and we tell him he is a big boy and he agrees. At night he sucks on his top lip in lieu of the Binky.

Most parents would be jumping for joy to get rid of one more piece of baby paraphernalia. But he is my last baby. And he is so cute with that Binky in his mouth. But I have to keep telling myself he is getting bigger, he needs to start talking more, it's better for his teeth.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya Heather, both of my kids had them until 3, Lucas a little longer than Grace. Lucas had bottles until 2 and Grace about 18 months. I did miss the Paci or Pa-Paa and it did feel sad. Nothing like seeing it move under their lips especially when sleeping. But Grace does have a tongue thrust and other orthodontic problems. Is it from prolonged use? No one really knows. But just wanted to let ya know it was hard for me too. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never know what it would have looked like for my daughter to have one. Since birth, she gagged whenever we tried to give her one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking that the next time your standing in line at the grocery store, and in front of you sits a three year old in a cart with a Binky it it's mouth, and you can't understand what in the heck that kid is saying to the mom since the Binky is clogging the communication, you'll stop and think (as you smile) 'I'm so glad my baby is over that! And his teeth look so healthy and he speaks so well!'

    ReplyDelete