Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Funny Story

My kids are hilarious. Really. Some of the stuff that comes out of Evan's mouth is just priceless.

He is now 8 went and for the first 5 years of his life to one sitter. They lived in a neighborhood with a few kids but only a couple his age. The sitters yard backed up the neighbor behind her so he used to play in that yard along with the little boy next door. The lady behind my sitter had grandsons who would come over sometimes also.

I picked him up one night when he was just five. At that time he wanted to wear a ball cap every day like his dad. This particular one had some kind of emblem on it that stuck out. That day he came home and it had been ripped off. I asked him what happened and he said Cooper did it over at Carol's house. I didn't think this was nice but when I gave him a bath he had a large scratch down his back and a bruise on his leg.

I asked him what happened and again he stated it was Cooper. Now the boy next door's name was Mikey and Carol's grandson was Chad so I didn't know a Cooper. I asked him who was in the yard when this happened and he said Carol and the boys and that Carol yelled at him but Cooper knocked him down and took his hat and that is when he got scratched up.

Now I am becoming angry. How dare some kid knock my little boy down! I almost started to call my sitter but I wanted more info. I asked Evan if Cooper played with them often and he said yes every time they were in Carol's yard. I asked if he had done this before and he said that last week he knocked Mikey and Chad over. I asked him how old Cooper was and he kind of gave me a strange look and said he wasn't sure. Was he bigger than him. Evan said yes. Do you know his mom? Again a really strange look.

I finally picked up the phone and started to call Debby my sitter and ask where she was when all of this was happening when he said something that stopped me in my tracks.

He sat there in the tub and said "Mom will you also tell Debby I don't want Cooper licking me anymore?"

Me: Evan, who is Cooper? Evan" Cooper is Carol's dog mom" The way he said it was so matter of fact like how could I not know Cooper was a Black Lab!

No comments:

Post a Comment