Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

First of all, a Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there. I went to my parents this weekend to spend Father's Day with my Dad and my Grandpa Powell. We girls went in and got my dad a new computer chair, a very swank leather chair for a Big Man, because my dad is a Big guy, and his computer chair was falling apart. We also went in and got my Grandpa a new vacuum. Kind of boring sounding I know but he needed a new one and you can only buy someone so many shirts.

My dad is wonderful. We are exactly alike in so many ways. Growing up we had some major battles. In fact my junior year of high school was rough. We didn't seem to get along at all and my mom would always say it was because we were so much alike.

My dad is a really laid-back kind of guy. He is a sports fanatic, a music fanatic, and a movie-holic. He is not a Mr. Fix-it by any means but not all men are.

My dad instilled in us girls the values I hope to pass on to my boys. He is respectful and caring and empathetic. If you needed something he would give it to you. He taught us that even if you have very little someone else has less, so you would never turn anyone away. He has a big heart.

My dad does have his faults. He can be a procrastinator, something I have spent my life trying not to be, and when something is wrong or needs to be fixed he sometimes will just act like nothing is wrong until he cannot ignore it anymore. That is one way I am exactly like my dad. Right now my marriage is in shambles and has been for a long time but I just don't know how to deal with it.


I know that my dad will always be there for me and I love him for that and for the person he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment