Monday, May 11, 2009

A good weekend

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!!! I tried to write this last night but I was so beat, my brain was just mush.

I went to my parent's this weekend. Saturday morning the boys and I got up and drove in some nasty rain but finally made it around Noon. My mom had to work until 5, so Kelly and I took the boys and went shopping. I forgot my stroller but thought Owen would be OK for a little bit. He did OK. I only needed to go to two stores, but one was Victoria's Secret and he wanted to touch and pull everything off the tables. We then went to Target and Kohl's and both boys were very good. They just needed lots of snacks.

That night we had a good dinner with my parents and Kelly and I went out that evening and met up with some girlfriends at a local pub. It was nice to see some old friends, some that I haven't seen since high school, but thanks to Facebook have hooked back up with again.

We went to Erin and John's Sunday and had a mammoth Mother's Day breakfast. My awesome BIL John cooked his famous omelette's and we all contributed our own dishes. We had apple Cinnamon pancakes, bacon and sausage, fresh fruit, and hash brown casserole. I was so full I didn't eat the rest of the day!

My mom got me a very pretty hanging basket for my porch and some yummy lotion from Bath and Body works. We got her Mother's Day Present a few weeks ago. We had a beautiful flower box put in by the awesome John in the front of her house. The kids played outside and it was just nice hanging out with my parents and my sisters.

The only downfall to this beautiful weekend was the long drive home. It was raining on and off back that way and traffic was a little heavy.

I got everything done last night and put away so tonight its just more laundry then back the the Olivia quilt. It's almost done and I will get pictures out soon.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment