Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Instant Love- Just Add Water

I have always been intrigued by the concept of love at first sight. I have seen it in the movies. I have read about it in books. Two books that I have read recently have characters that meet and within two pages are madly in love. There is a connection, an electric current that moves through their bodies, through the room and they are drawn together and they both know it, instantly.


That is the part I have a hard time understanding, how they both know at the exact same moment that they have this attraction, how they know they this is the person for me.

I have never experienced this or witnessed this. In my former single life , I have seen a guy and thought WOW, I would like to get to know him.

So I did what all women do, I would inquire, I flitted around, fliriting casually, feeling him out and if he flirted back it was on.

I don't know if there was ever a time that I looked into someone's eyes and felt that immediate spark and if I did , I doubt they felt the same way. If there was a guy who ever felt that way about me, I never knew about it.

So, I guess I will have to rely on the wonderful world of fiction and movies to fulfill my yearning for the feeling of love at first sight.

1 comment:

  1. I've felt what I think they mean when they describe the current/electrical spark before. I don't believe it's really love at first sight. It's more like hormones. I believe in "lust at first sight." ; )

    ReplyDelete