Monday, April 11, 2011

Up to speed

I am not really sure why I have not been writing, guess I have been playing Bejeweled Blitz on FB too much.

Spring appears to be here finally in Michigan. No more snow please. Getting the yard cleaned up and flower beds cleaned. I have no idea what I am doing since I was never allowed to do anything with the yard in my former life, but we will see how things go. Some plants or flowers may die in the process but that's life.

My children are still not sleeping. The oldest is in bed with the youngest and the youngest is wide awake at 11PM. No amount of bribing or threats works. I have no idea how a three year old can still be awake this late but Mama needs her sleep. I still haven't found those baby tranquilizers on the Internet yet.

Operation get rid of the Apple Bottom is progressing well. I have been doing Zumba, working out at home and joined the gym for the month yesterday to see how I would do. I signed up for a 10 mile race in August so I really need to step it up. I walked it last year and my goal is to run the majority of it this year.

My oldest is going to be 10 on Sunday. I really don't know if I can deal with this because he should still be my baby. So much has happened over the last year and I feel like he lost some of his childhood because of it and I will probably beat myself up for the next ten years wondering if they will be OK but there is no turning back now. I wouldn't want to anyway. He is a good boy but really been struggling and I know he will be OK but it still hurts me to see him in any kind of anguish.

We no longer have Bella. The boys and I decided together that even though she was a lovely dog, she was not the right dog for us. Luckily we got her from someone who could take her back, get her the training she needs and find a forever home for her soon I hope because she will be a really good dog for a different family. We are now the proud owners of two crazy orange kitties. They are boys and brothers and their names are Ziggy and Bob Marley. Only I get the significance of their names. Evan knows who they are as singers but that is all. After all he is only 9 3/4.


No comments:

Post a Comment