Monday, March 14, 2011

Break Time

I need a break. A break from being Heather. A break from being Mommy. A break from being a responsible adult. Yes, I get a break from being mommy a couple times a week. But that isn't even what I am talking about. I need a complete break for a couple days. It's been a really long time since I have had that kind of break.

I need to get into my car, a small bag packed, Ipod plugged into the stereo and drive. For a number of hours. I am envisioning a place in my head. A place where I could walk along the streets and window shop. A place with a cool downtown where you can get a great cup of coffee or a great beer and people watch. A place with an awesome bookstore that has that copy of that book I am looking for. A place with a "hidden gem" of a restaurant where I can get an delectable meal. A place where I could sit at a bar and have an interesting conversation with a handsome stranger, who is not in fact a psychotic serial killer. A low-key bar that has a cool band playing. And a place where I could get 8-10 hours of sleep a night.

Does anyone know a place like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment