Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. It's my favorite Holiday. I am not really sure why because I haven't dressed up for it since maybe high school. I love the decorations, the pumpkins, and my favorite are the scary movies!

Ever since I had kids I love it even more. I have been to every one of Evan's Halloween parties at school and this year was the first year Owen really trick or treated.

The weather turned cold and rainy towards the end of the week and i was afraid it would be to nasty out to take Owen but sometime around 4 it stopped raining and the 40 MPH winds died down. We went through our sitter's neighborhood and they got plenty of candy. It was weird though, ever since all these churches started the Trunk-or -Treat program the neighborhoods are empty. Plus last night there were way more teenagers than I ever imagined. The only reason I ever went trick or treating that old was because I took my sister's so my parent's didn't have to.

We went to Walmart today in hopes of finding next year's costumes half off but alas no finds. I wanted either Woody or Buzz for Owen and they didn't have any big enough. Evan thinks he wants to be either a Clone Trooper or a Vampire next year but none of those either. I tried to talk him into some other costumes but he wasn't feeling it. Maybe another store will have them.

On a side note, even though I love, love, love Candy Corn and those marshmallow pumpkins, I have not bought or consumed any this year. No Halloween candy either. I am in about the fourth week of WW and i gained a pound last week. I blame that on my drinking binge with my girlfriends the week before!

No comments:

Post a Comment