Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Sweetboy Part 2



My boy is eight now. Sometimes I cannot believe he is that old. He still loves to sit on my lap and be cuddled. He still likes for me to lay with him for a few minutes at night. He doesn't mind holding my hand in public. I have told him that eventually he won't do any of those things anymore, and he looks at me with his big blue eyes and says "Of course I will Mom!"

The sad part is I know the day will come when he will cringe from a hug or kiss from me. When he won't leap at the chance to go to the store with me. Right now, he is still my sweet little boy.

His dad says I baby him. I don't think I do. I am firm with him, I discipline him, I yell at him (too much some times). He thinks that Evan should be tougher, more aggressive in sports, not such a mama's boy. I don't see an issue. He is eight, not eighteen.

He still likes to watch cartoons his brother does sometimes. Don't get me wrong, he loves Spongebob and obnoxious stuff like that but I don't let him watch stuff alot of other parents let their kids watch. He is kind and gentle, and just and all-around good kid. I want to teach him kindness and respect and responsibility. Not how to take out the other guy. I want him to think of how he can help others as well as himself. Not think, what's in it for me.

I know I can't stop time from marching forward, but for now I will enjoy my sweet little Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment