Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Randomness of being Random

I don't have anything spectacular or mind-boggling to report. No insightful topic to discuss. Not much going on in my life and sometimes that is a good thing. So here is just a random, update on my humble little life:

I think I got food poisoning on Monday. The only place I ate was Qdoba and that is one of my favorite places to go. I had taken Evan shopping with me and we stopped there for lunch then about two hours later in Meijers I started to feel a little funky. I will spare you the gory details but it went downhill from there. I stayed in bed most of yesterday but am finally feeling better.

I think that my stomach illness is going to help me jump start some kind of diet. I don't want to eat anything right now so hopefully I can just eat small amounts and stick to it for awhile.

Things are pretty good on the home front right now. We are treating each other better, and I am being more vocal about some of the things that come out of his mouth.

I don't know why I get surprised when I get stabbed in the back by people who I think are friends or are someone I can trust. I shared some information with a co-worker last week and thought it would help her out and it was agreed she wouldn't discuss with anyone else. Well guess what? I came into work today and another co-worker said she was discussing it while I was out yesterday. When will I Learn? No one can be trusted.

I took Evan to see Paul Blart-Mall Cop on Friday and it's very funny. Very family-friendly. He really liked it and wants the movie when it comes out on DVD, which I had to remind him could be several months.

I finally finished the Twilight series. I am really hoping she is going to continue this series but with the last book at 759 pages, not sure I could handle more. It was easy to read but too much content sometimes. I found myself skipping paragraphs that I knew were just descriptions and not essential to the storyline.

I did not watch any of the inauguration yesterday. Besides feeling like dog-poo I just wasn't into it. Still not impressed with him and ok fine yes he is the first black president but the whole thing seemed a little anti-climatic. The pomp and circumstance of the swearing in of our 44th president turned into a tacky Hollywood production. We don't even know if this guy can lead out country but people are acting as if this is the second coming of Christ. Seriously it's a sad state of affairs when there are whole news articles dedicated to his wife's attire.

I cannot wait till SPRING! I hate winter with every fiber of my being. I don't think it's fun or pretty. There is nothing to do outside other than stomp around, yes I know we can sled or build snowment but unless it's 30 degrees and sunny forget it.

I really need to get my poop in a group, if you will and get going on some crafting. I got a Cricut for Christmas, the big one, and I don't even have it out of the box yet! I mean seriously, one of the most coveted crafting items and I haven't even looked at it! Also I need to just make some time to start quiting again. I have the quilt top my Great-Aunt gave me and I told myself I would start it after the new year.

Ok, nothing earth-shattering but that is all I have today. All I can say is maybe I will have some kind of experience or epiphany by tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment