Tuesday, March 27, 2012

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...

Because I think too much, (see two posts below)  I was thinking of what truly makes me happy.  I have been writing more to try and clear my head, so this is my unofficial list:

Sunshine * Evan and Owen * Seeing Friends* My Family * Happy people * Music* Talking* Dancing* Seeing the numbers drop on the scale * Smaller clothes * Coffee * Books * Driving with the window down * Telling Funny stories * being with people who love me * Going barefoot * Writing * Hearing good news about others * holding babies * the physical closeness of another person * Good grades from Evan * finding something I lost * Old Family pictures * Dogs * Listening to Owen tell a story * Making something with my own hands * Simplicity *

After I made this list I can see that there aren't many tangible things listed.  Material things do not make me truly happy.  I have always said I would rather live in a cardboard box and be truly happy than have everything in the world.  The things that truly make me happy are not things at all but people and moments in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment