Friday, July 31, 2009

15 Books


I really do have a whole lot of blog stories swirling around in my head, however I just can't get them to come out. I am posting something going around on Facebook and I think everyone else should too. It's a kind of fun way to see what everyone else likes to read!

DON'T TAKE TOO LONG TO THINK ABOUT IT. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
*** In no particular order- and I will try not to explain why I like them, but feel free to ask.

15. The giving Tree- Shel Silverstein
14. Are you there God, it's me Margaret- Judy Blume
13. The Catcher in the Rye- JD Salinger
12. Summer Sisters- Judy Blume
11. More than you know- Beth Gutcheon
10. Second Glance - Jodi Picoult
9. IT- Stephen King (I hate hate hate clowns)
8. Lightning0 Dean Koontz
7. The Bible
6. The Poisonwood Bible- Barbara Kingsolver
5. The Girl with the Pearl Earring- Tracy Chevalier
4. The Time -Travelers Wife- Audrey Niffenegger
3. Twilight- Stephanie Meyer
2. The Shell Seekers- Rosamunde Pilcher
1. A Girl named Zippy- Haven Kimmel

1 comment:

  1. What a cool thing to reflect on! And we've read some of the same books... My fifteen are...
    1. The Shell Seekers
    2. A Little Princess, Frances Hodges Burnett
    3. The Secret Garden
    4. Are you there God, it's me Margaret
    5. Summer Sisters
    6. Peace Like a River, Leif Enger
    7. When you are engulfed in flames, David Sedaris
    8. Me talk pretty one day, David Sedaris
    9. Empire Falls, Richard Russo
    10. The Christmas Box Collection (3 books actually), RIchard Paul Evans
    11. The Hidden LIfe of Dogs,Elizabeth Marshall Thomas
    12. Dress Your Family in Corduroy & Denim, DAvid Sedaris
    13. Diary of a Young GIrl, Anne Frank
    14. The Art of Racing in the Rain
    15. I know Why the Caged BIrd Sings, Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete